Friday, March 23, 2012
Ouch......
Conversations aren't always conversations in the sense of both parties conversing.....sometimes a conversation is a monologue....recently I found myself in the midst of just such a situation.....I was so grateful this person felt comfortable to share openly with me....but I also felt frustrated that many of the words had been spoken over and over and over to me in previous talks....no chance of an exchange of ideas or thoughts, reflections.....and in the midst of me musing about this, Holy Spirit whispered in my spirit man, "Perhaps others get just as tired of your talks, stories, one-sided conversations...." OUCH!!!!!! "But, but, but......" I stammered while knowing He was so right about this.....and though my intentions might have been innocent when I was in the midst of my "dramas", so were this person's......and if people can grow so tired of me and my words, how much more a big God with limitless thoughts, ideas, "reflections"........and yet, He remains a perfect listener........forgive me Lord once again.......thank you for filling me with Your tolerance....may I find abundant uses for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment