Sunday, February 17, 2013

Extremes Not Wanted


It hasn't always been easy for me to let others do things in my domain....

I really am a Martha inside but over the years have been trying to be more of a Mary....not that I don't want to be a Martha....there are good qualities about  her as there are Mary....but I don't want to be an excessive either one.....

I mean, does it really matter how the towels are folded, how the pillows are put on the bed, how the dishes are in the dishwasher.....as long as I can fit the towels in the cabinet, take the pillows off again at night, and the dishes get clean....yet, here I was always upset that no one would help me and yet, when they did, I redid it or told them how it had to be done....now don't misunderstand, I know that there needs to be teaching when a person is learning or if it truly matters, but if it doesn't truly matter, why do I make it an issue?  

By the same token I don't want to become so laid back that I get nothing around the house done.....and so I work at there being a balance with me inside.....and it isn't easy by no means.....but I see a better person evolving.....the others around me might not even notice but I feel better about me.  

I know I always go back to this but the class I went through Making Peace With Your Past helped me so very much.....and it has helped me realize that my kids will have issues to deal with just like I did.....and if they do, I want them to work that out ASAP so that they can go through these years healthier spiritually than I did.....But of course, it is their decision to make.....there was so much peace that came into my life when I realized that every family is dysfunctional.....try to say that outloud.  It is tough to do.  But it is true; it is true because of sin.........and so the most together family has dysfunction....now they may handle it with grace and forgiveness bringing His love into the picture and then that brings some heaven down here.....I sure wish I had done more of that when raising the boys......but all we can do is today....and so I am trying to remain teachable to Holy Spirit......

I apologize if I make it sound like the way that I do things is the right way.....or the way that I look at things is the only way.....that is my extreme Martha surfacing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment